ASL 101 is an introductory course to American Sign Language and Deaf culture. This class focuses on receptive and expressive skills at an introductory level. This course is designed for students with no prior knowledge to ASL.
All of our courses are language immersive classes. Teachers and students will only use ASL to communicate with each other.
This class is offered each semester: Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer.
1. Exchange information about self and family with others.
2. Describe basic daily activities and preferences.
3. Introduce basic aspects of ASL storytelling.
4. Identify general characteristics of Deaf culture.
5. Recall important events in American Deaf history.
To view learning videos for this class, please click here or select “Hummedia” in the top menu.