ASL/Deaf Literature focuses on famous and emerging types of literature in the Deaf community. Literary works that are explored are in a video format. This class explores the different types of literary styles in ASL.
1. Be able to discuss the literature of the Deaf community including both original ASL works and those translated from English.
2. Be able to discuss the number of literary forms including sign play, poems, stories, short stories, plays and Deaf folklore.
3. Be able to discuss the transition of ASL literary forms as well as selected creators and performers.
4. Become familiar with and be able to discuss in ASL specific literary works.
5. Be able to accurately discuss how Deaf literature reflects and reinforces Deaf-World values, beliefs and traditions.
To view learning videos for this class, please click here or select “Hummedia” in the top menu.